Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Love Today - Tomorrow May Be Too Late!

I learned last week the husband of a Facebook friend was killed in an accident Tuesday. They have a 14-year old son and a 10-year old daughter.

When I hear stories like this, I have to admit my faith takes a little beating. I don't understand why these things happen. I mean, this very nice lady has lost her husband, and the kids lost their Dad.
The prevailing wisdom is there a purpose in everything that happens in our lives. However, It doesn't make sense.

Maybe it's not supposed to make sense. Maybe we just need to believe these kind of events are for the greater good.

You know what, though! I'm going to add this to my list of questions to ask God when it's my turn to sit down with Him. He's definitely going to need some Tylenol after he's finished with me. He will have a headache.

Events like this emphasize to me the importance of relationships. I'm learning, at a later age in life, to really hold onto and nurture those relationships that are important to me. Up until now, it has been so easy to take them for granted.

What does this mean? Tell each and every important person in your life you love him or her. Every day. That's right, EVERY DAY! That's your husband, your wife, your kids. And everyone else who is an important part of your life.

Stop taking the important folks in your life for granted. Talk to them; find out what's going on with them. Just flat out pay attention.

Why? Because they may not be here tomorrow. I repeat, they may not be here tomorrow. For that matter, you may not be here tomorrow.

You can't waste time. Things go way too fast now. A lot faster than they used to.You know the old expression, "Here today, gone tomorrow!" Treat those important people in your life like there's no tomorrow.

I have to do all of these things myself. I just assumed everyone's going to be around forever. Well, that ain't the case. Maybe that's one reason why I live in Georgia now. I was taking my family for granted. I need them, so I have to let them know I love them. I have to thank them for loving me.

Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone would do these things? I think the world would be a much happier place!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6377640




No comments:

Post a Comment